Inner South Community Health (Inner South) is a major provider of health and community services across the inner southern region of Melbourne and beyond. Inner South is a not for profit organisation located at four dedicated centres within the St Kilda, Prahran and South/Port Melbourne areas and we deliver more than 150,000 services each year.
As one of Victoria’s largest community health services, Inner South provides access to doctors, dentists and a broad-range of allied health and other supports.
Inner South provides a broad range of services – spanning pregnancy, childhood, adulthood and seniors covering general health, oral health, mental health, homelessness and alcohol and drug services.With specialist expertise in engaging high risk and hard to reach groups it offers health services to all, regardless of a person’s ability to pay. As well as direct service delivery Inner South engages in community building and health promotion activities to build the health and wellbeing of the local community.
In 2013, Inner South launched a new comprehensive health service located at its Prahran Site. Established as a bulk billing GP Clinic, it offers an all-inclusive range of services for all members of the public.
Inner South value social justice and strongly believe that everyone, no matter what their circumstance or health needs, is equally entitled to access Victoria’s health services so that they can live a healthy and happy life.
In 1993, centres in Prahran, South Melbourne and St Kilda amalgamated to form Inner South Community Health. On Nov 12, 2013, staff, members, clients, the Board and the wider community came together to celebrate 20 years of service to the community. To mark the occasion, the following film was produced.
Many thanks to Ian White of eyewhite for his work on these films – http://eyewhite.net/eyewhite/Home.html
- Community Directory Support socially inclusive cafes & organisations in our local area, using the ISCH ‘Welcome’ directory
- Check out ISCH on LinkedIn Visit the ISCH LinkedIn page for updates on current vacancies and information about working with us!
- Trauma and Homelessness Initiative ISCH has been involved in some very important work around trauma and homelessness. Read about it here.
- SHIP Social Health & Inclusion Port (SHIP) Residents and organisations working together to create a healthy and inclusive Port Melbourne community.
- Case Management Learn more about how our skilled team of case managers can assist you.
- Housing and Homeless Supporting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness is a focus of our services.
- Group Work View our Group Work page for a group program that might be right for you.