A Health Promoting Health Service
Inner South Community Health is a member of the Victorian section of the World Health Organisation International Network of Health Promoting Hospitals and Health Services (HPH).
Our membership of the HPH network is part of our commitment to addressing the causes of health inequity to create a healthy and inclusive community.
As a health promoting service we commit to working towards a set of international best practice standards for making health promotion central to everything we do. We commit to:
- Ensuring that our staff work in partnership with clients to identify any health promotion activities that could be of benefit to the client
- Providing clients with useful information on factors that affect their health things they can do to improve their health
- Ensuring that Inner South is a healthy place to work
- Assessing our health promotion practice as part of our quality improvement systems
- Working in partnership with other organisations to promote the health of our community.
For more information about our major health promotion initiative in Port Melbourne see: Social Health & Inclusion Port.
For more information our commitment to the health of our staff see: Benefits of Working with ISCH.
- Community Directory Support socially inclusive cafes & organisations in our local area, using the ISCH ‘Welcome’ directory
- Check out ISCH on LinkedIn Visit the ISCH LinkedIn page for updates on current vacancies and information about working with us!
- Trauma and Homelessness Initiative ISCH has been involved in some very important work around trauma and homelessness. Read about it here.
- SHIP Social Health & Inclusion Port (SHIP) Residents and organisations working together to create a healthy and inclusive Port Melbourne community.
- Case Management Learn more about how our skilled team of case managers can assist you.
- Housing and Homeless Supporting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness is a focus of our services.
- Group Work View our Group Work page for a group program that might be right for you.