News & Events
There’s always something happening at Inner South Community Health. In this section of the website, you’ll find all our media releases, media coverage and other newsworthy information.
We love talking to the media about our great work, and commenting on issues related to health and wellbeing. If you’re a journalist wanting to engage with us, telephone 8644 3347 during business hours to talk to the CEO’s Office, or read more on the areas which we can provide comment on here.
You can also read about the latest news we’ve been posting below or check out past editions of the News Sheet which go out to our members.
Our diversity makes Australia a great place to live. Harmony Day is a celebration of our cultural diversity – a day of cultural respect for everyone who calls Australia home.
Held every year on 21 March. The Day coincides with the United Nations International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination.
The message of Harmony Day is ‘everyone belongs’, the Day aims to engage people to participate in their community, respect cultural and religious diversity and foster sense of belonging for everyone.
Since 1999, more than 70,000 Harmony Day events have been held in childcare centres, schools, community groups, churches, businesses and federal, state and local government agencies across Australia.
This year, staff at ISCH will be holding a Harmony Lunch at each site and wearing orange to signify social communication and meaningful conversations.
For more information visit http://www.harmony.gov.au/
ISCH will have the following opening hours in the coming week or so.
Friday 23 December – early closing time of 3pm
Monday 26 December – CLOSED
Tuesday 27 December – CLOSED
Wednesday 28 December – standard hours, including dental and dietetics until 8pm
Thursday 29 December – standard hours
Friday 30 December – early closing time of 3pm
Monday 2 January – CLOSED
From Tuesday 3 January, all sites will re-commence standard hours.
Join us for the 8th Annual Walk Against Family Violence to show that you do not accept violence towards women and children.
Date: Friday 25 November
Location: Federation Square
Too busy to make it to the Prahran Centre during the day?
We are planning an extension of services to include an evening session and we’d love to hear your thoughts.
Have your say by completing our survey!
- Community Directory Support socially inclusive cafes & organisations in our local area, using the ISCH ‘Welcome’ directory
- Check out ISCH on LinkedIn Visit the ISCH LinkedIn page for updates on current vacancies and information about working with us!
- Trauma and Homelessness Initiative ISCH has been involved in some very important work around trauma and homelessness. Read about it here.
- SHIP Social Health & Inclusion Port (SHIP) Residents and organisations working together to create a healthy and inclusive Port Melbourne community.
- Case Management Learn more about how our skilled team of case managers can assist you.
- Housing and Homeless Supporting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness is a focus of our services.
- Group Work View our Group Work page for a group program that might be right for you.