Who We Are
Inner South Community Health (Inner South) is a major provider of health and community services across the inner southern region of Melbourne and beyond. Inner South is a not for profit organisation located at four dedicated centres within the St Kilda, Prahran and South/Port Melbourne areas and we deliver more than 150,000 services each year.
As one of Victoria’s largest community health services, Inner South provides access to doctors, dentists and a broad-range of allied health and other supports.
Inner South provides a broad range of services – spanning pregnancy, childhood, adulthood and seniors covering general health, oral health, mental health, homelessness and alcohol and drug services.With specialist expertise in engaging high risk and hard to reach groups it offers health services to all, regardless of a person’s ability to pay. As well as direct service delivery Inner South engages in community building and health promotion activities to build the health and wellbeing of the local community
In 2013, Inner South launched a new comprehensive health service located at its Prahran Site. Established as a bulk billing GP Clinic, it offers an all-inclusive range of services for all members of the public.
Inner South value social justice and strongly believe that everyone, no matter what their circumstance or health needs, is equally entitled to access Victoria’s health services so that they can live a healthy and happy life.
Read more about our mission, vision and values.
Our vision is of a healthy and inclusive community.
We were established in 1993 following an amalgamation of three centres including St Kilda Community Health Centre, South Port Community Health Centre and Prahran Community Health Centre. We have grown from an organisation employing 120 staff with a budget of $2.3 million in 1993, to 280 staff and a budget of $22 million today.
We are considered to be one of the state’s leading community health services.
What do we do?
We offer a very wide range of primary health and wellbeing services to the local community. We respond to the needs of all people in our region with a particular focus on those who need our help the most due to social and economic disadvantage.
We have specialist expertise in connecting with our clients in their own surroundings and much of our work occurs out in the community. We aim to improve people’s health and help them to keep living in the community.
Some of our services include but are not limited to:
- children, youth and family services
- dental treatment
- Indigenous access to improve use of health services by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in the local community
- mental health case management
- needle syringe program
- nutrition and food health
- occupational therapy for help with everyday activities
- physiotherapy for mobility and pain reduction
- podiatry for foot and leg care
- post acute care to support patients after leaving hospital
- sex worker support and education
- speech therapy for speech and language problems
- support for older persons living in high rise housing
- support to people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
We also offer a range of groups including exercise, gym programs, playgroups, gardening, support, parenting, anxiety and depression.
Some of our services are available only to people with health care or concession cards. There is a small fee charged for most of our services, however you will not be denied a service if you cannot pay.
Go to Our Services section for a full list of services and detailed information about each one.
Many thanks to Ian White of Eyewhite for his work on this film – http://eyewhite.net/eyewhite/Home.html
- Community Directory Support socially inclusive cafes & organisations in our local area, using the ISCH ‘Welcome’ directory
- Check out ISCH on LinkedIn Visit the ISCH LinkedIn page for updates on current vacancies and information about working with us!
- Trauma and Homelessness Initiative ISCH has been involved in some very important work around trauma and homelessness. Read about it here.
- SHIP Social Health & Inclusion Port (SHIP) Residents and organisations working together to create a healthy and inclusive Port Melbourne community.
- Case Management Learn more about how our skilled team of case managers can assist you.
- Housing and Homeless Supporting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness is a focus of our services.
- Group Work View our Group Work page for a group program that might be right for you.