We recognise the need for students to gain field experience related to their chosen profession and encourage learning opportunities within a community health setting.
Inner South provides placements and similar opportunities for students engaged in university, TAFE institute and hospital studies.
Due to the high number of enquiries we receive regarding placements we prefer to deal directly with the student placement coordinator rather than individual students. Interested students are advised to liaise with their university, TAFE institute or hospital student placement coordinator to organise a placement through ISCH’s student coordinator.
Otherwise, interested students should register their interest by filling in the ISCH Student Placement Form.
We currently have student placement agreements with the following academic institutes:
- Melbourne University: social work and nursing
- Monash University: medical students, dietetics students and health promotion
- Latrobe University: allied health placements
- Alfred Hospital: nurses
- RMIT University: drug and alcohol counseling
- Charles Darwin University: medical students
- Community Directory Support socially inclusive cafes & organisations in our local area, using the ISCH ‘Welcome’ directory
- Check out ISCH on LinkedIn Visit the ISCH LinkedIn page for updates on current vacancies and information about working with us!
- Trauma and Homelessness Initiative ISCH has been involved in some very important work around trauma and homelessness. Read about it here.
- SHIP Social Health & Inclusion Port (SHIP) Residents and organisations working together to create a healthy and inclusive Port Melbourne community.
- Case Management Learn more about how our skilled team of case managers can assist you.
- Housing and Homeless Supporting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness is a focus of our services.
- Group Work View our Group Work page for a group program that might be right for you.