Have you noticed anything new in our waiting rooms? Our feedback stations recently took pride of place in all Inner South sites to enable you to give feedback more easily – in any of 90 languages! We would love to hear your stories about our services: How can we help you? How can we improve? Make sure you keep an eye out for the big blue display next time you visit. Access Care Opinion there too and describe your experience at Inner South or any health service.
Seeking a local resident to join the SHIP Community Committee
Training and reimbursement for your time provided
Do you live, study or work in Port Melbourne?
- Keen to contribute to the improvement of Port Melbourne
- Willing to work with a range of organisations and residents to put ideas into action
- Willing to promote SHIP activities to local residents and groups
- Able to interact with a range of people of different ages and backgrounds in a respectful manner
- Willing to undertake training provided by the SHIP project
Meetings are held every second month on a Monday for two hours (2.00pm-4.00pm) at a local venue with some preparation and reading expected prior to each meeting
Training, support, mentoring and reimbursement for participation on the Community Committee will be provided.
If interested please contact Sally Rossiter on 95251300 Mob: 0401 069 692 or at email@example.com
For more information on SHIP go to: ischs.org.au/your-wellbeing/ship
Community Grants Success
The Social Health and Inclusion Port (SHIP) project is proud to announce our success in obtaining two Community Grants for 2013/14 from the City of Port Phillip. These grants will help local residents and organisations in Port Melbourne work together to create a healthy and inclusive community.
A $10,000 Community Strengthening grant has been awarded for the project titled Port Melbourne LeaderSHIP. The aim of this project is to contribute to improved health and wellbeing for all in Port Melbourne by strengthening the role of 20 community leaders in the SHIP Project. The project will help to further develop and strengthen leadership skills, build knowledge and understanding of local community needs and assets, strengthen team work and collaboration skills amongst committee members, develop links between the committee and other community leaders in Port Melbourne and build the SHIP Community Committee identity within the Port Melbourne community.
The second grant awarded to Inner South Community Health Service in partnership with Port Melbourne Neighbourhood House is for a Social Inclusion Partnership project called Saturday Night Flavour. This project aims to bring the Port Melbourne community together through creating and sharing delicious, healthy meals and enjoying vibrant, inclusive social events that provide pathways to involvement in other community activities. The social events will run between September 2013 and January 2014, with the aim of maximising opportunities for participation, developing connections between local residents, and enabling people to share skills and knowledge.
Inner South Community Health Service would like to thank all the Port Melbourne residents and partners who assisted in developing the above ideas. We look forward to working in partnership to deliver these projects over the coming months.
For more information on these grants or about SHIP project, please contact the SHIP project team:
Tel: 9525 1300
Our Community Participation Committee meets monthly to provide advice to the organisation on emerging issues and new initiatives, and helps us to meet the needs of the community. If you are passionate about our community, we are looking to get some more people involved in the committee. If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Heather Chapman, Community Participation Officer, on 9525 1300 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Community Directory Support socially inclusive cafes & organisations in our local area, using the ISCH ‘Welcome’ directory
- Check out ISCH on LinkedIn Visit the ISCH LinkedIn page for updates on current vacancies and information about working with us!
- Trauma and Homelessness Initiative ISCH has been involved in some very important work around trauma and homelessness. Read about it here.
- SHIP Social Health & Inclusion Port (SHIP) Residents and organisations working together to create a healthy and inclusive Port Melbourne community.
- Case Management Learn more about how our skilled team of case managers can assist you.
- Housing and Homeless Supporting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness is a focus of our services.
- Group Work View our Group Work page for a group program that might be right for you.