LET’S CELEBRATE LIVING A LIFE WITH MEANING THIS NATIONAL VOLUNTEER WEEK.
National Volunteer Week 2016 runs from 9 – 15 May.
In 2016 we continue to celebrate the theme Give Happy, Live Happy which, explores the research that shows volunteers live happier and healthier lives.
Brett Williamson, OAM, CEO Volunteering Australia, said the theme Give Happy, Live Happy celebrates that there is so much more to volunteering than simply giving your time and skills to help others.“This National Volunteer Week we say thank you to the six million Australian volunteers and celebrate that they are living healthier, happier and more meaningful lives by volunteering.
Volunteer with Inner South Community Health:
Seeking a local resident to join the SHIP Community Committee
Training and reimbursement for your time provided
Do you live, study or work in Port Melbourne?
- Keen to contribute to the improvement of Port Melbourne
- Willing to work with a range of organisations and residents to put ideas into action
- Willing to promote SHIP activities to local residents and groups
- Able to interact with a range of people of different ages and backgrounds in a respectful manner
- Willing to undertake training provided by the SHIP project
Meetings are held every second month on a Monday for two hours (2.00pm-4.00pm) at a local venue with some preparation and reading expected prior to each meeting
Training, support, mentoring and reimbursement for participation on the Community Committee will be provided.
If interested please contact Sally Rossiter on 95251300 Mob: 0401 069 692 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on SHIP go to: ischs.org.au/your-wellbeing/ship
Our Community Participation Committee meets monthly to provide advice to the organisation on emerging issues and new initiatives, and helps us to meet the needs of the community. If you are passionate about our community, we are looking to get some more people involved in the committee. If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Heather Chapman, Community Participation Officer, on 9525 1300 or email@example.com.
Today, 5th of December, is International Volunteer Day (IVD) – designated by the United Nations in 1985 as an international observance day to celebrate the power and potential of volunteerism. It is an opportunity for volunteers and organisations, to raise awareness of, and gain recognition for, the contribution they make to the wellbeing of their communities.
ISCHS recognises the wonderful and dedicated contributions by all our volunteers who support our staff, the organisation and our communities. We are celebrating IVD with an end-of-year Volunteer Luncheon at the Middle Park Bowls Club.
- Community Directory Support socially inclusive cafes & organisations in our local area, using the ISCH ‘Welcome’ directory
- Check out ISCH on LinkedIn Visit the ISCH LinkedIn page for updates on current vacancies and information about working with us!
- Trauma and Homelessness Initiative ISCH has been involved in some very important work around trauma and homelessness. Read about it here.
- SHIP Social Health & Inclusion Port (SHIP) Residents and organisations working together to create a healthy and inclusive Port Melbourne community.
- Case Management Learn more about how our skilled team of case managers can assist you.
- Housing and Homeless Supporting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness is a focus of our services.
- Group Work View our Group Work page for a group program that might be right for you.