A healthy and inclusive community is one where you have an opportunity to take part in conversations about the issues you care about and have a say on decisions that affect you.
We’re a grassroots organisation with a community-based Board of Directors and a membership comprised of people who live, work and study in the local area. Our community is at the heart of all that we do and we are big believers in working in partnership with them.
Throughout the year, there are opportunities to join various working groups, reference groups and participate in consultation forums.
Community Participation Committee
The Community Participation Committee is a mixed group of interested consumers and staff who meet regularly to give advice and comment on the work we are doing, as well as leading a review of our peer work. We will be recruiting for new consumers in January 2018.
View a CPC Position Description here
Download an Expression of Interest form here
Sharing your story
It’s important for us to hear and respond to our clients needs. Our clients share their concerns and stories with us in a number of ways.
Here is Jane’s story before she linked into our service:
- Community Directory Support socially inclusive cafes & organisations in our local area, using the ISCH ‘Welcome’ directory
- Check out ISCH on LinkedIn Visit the ISCH LinkedIn page for updates on current vacancies and information about working with us!
- Trauma and Homelessness Initiative ISCH has been involved in some very important work around trauma and homelessness. Read about it here.
- SHIP Social Health & Inclusion Port (SHIP) Residents and organisations working together to create a healthy and inclusive Port Melbourne community.
- Case Management Learn more about how our skilled team of case managers can assist you.
- Housing and Homeless Supporting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness is a focus of our services.
- Group Work View our Group Work page for a group program that might be right for you.