(Photo: Volunteers nominated for their exceptional contribution during 2016- Congratulations Nora, Chris, Yvonne (overall winner), Maria and Vera )
Become involved with your local community health service
VOLUNTEER with US!
Volunteers assist us in establishing stronger links with our client communities. Volunteers are highly regarded for their generous time, skills, commitment and dedication to help us provide quality services as we strive for our vision of a healthy and inclusive community.
Why volunteer at ISCH?
- be part of a dedicated and innovative workforce
- build self confidence
- meet new people
- give back to the community by helping others
- learn new skills
- stay active
- have FUN!
Read the latest edition of our volunteer newsletter Volunteer News – 4th Edition 2016
Volunteer Opportunities Available:
Our volunteers are involved in a variety of different roles, ranging from administration, client support, dietetics, Indigenous programs, exercise groups, mentoring and graphic design to name just a few.
We are currently looking for more volunteers in the following roles (updated December 2016):
Walking Group leader: required once a week for one hour, to lead a group of walkers around the local area. Prahran area.
Concierge: meet and greet clients at our Prahran or South Melbourne sites. 9am – 12noon, several days available.
Mini Bus Driver: for our weekly Tuesday morning walking group at our Prahran Older Person High Rise.
Mini Bus Driver: for our weekly Monday morning aqua exercise group at our Prahran Older Person High Rise.
- Undergo a National Volunteer Police Check (paid by ISCH)
- Complete a Volunteer Working With Children Check (if required by your role)
- Complete volunteer induction training
- Attend relevant training and information sessions (dependent on your role)
- Sign and agree to our Code of Conduct and Confidentiality terms and conditions
How To Become A Volunteer With Us:
To join our dedicated team of volunteers, you can get started by completing the following:
- Volunteer Registration
- If you are unable to complete, please call 9525 1300.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us. We hope to see you soon!
- Community Directory Support socially inclusive cafes & organisations in our local area, using the ISCH ‘Welcome’ directory
- Check out ISCH on LinkedIn Visit the ISCH LinkedIn page for updates on current vacancies and information about working with us!
- Trauma and Homelessness Initiative ISCH has been involved in some very important work around trauma and homelessness. Read about it here.
- SHIP Social Health & Inclusion Port (SHIP) Residents and organisations working together to create a healthy and inclusive Port Melbourne community.
- Case Management Learn more about how our skilled team of case managers can assist you.
- Housing and Homeless Supporting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness is a focus of our services.
- Group Work View our Group Work page for a group program that might be right for you.