Become involved with your local community health service
VOLUNTEER with ISCH!
Volunteers assist us in establishing stronger links with our client communities. Volunteers are highly regarded for their generous time, skills, commitment and dedication to help us provide quality services as we strive for our vision of a healthy and inclusive community.
Why volunteer at ISCH?
- be part of a dedicated and innovative workforce
- build self confidence
- meet new people
- give back to the community by helping others
- learn new skills
- stay active
- have FUN!
Read the latest edition of our volunteer newsletter volunteer-news-3rd-edition-2016
Volunteer Opportunities Available at ISCH:
Our volunteers are involved in a variety of different roles, ranging from administration, client support, dietetics, Indigenous programs, exercise groups, mentoring and graphic design to name just a few.
We are currently looking for more volunteers in the following roles in 2016:
Driver: Weekdays, various days and times to help clients attend health appointments.
Walking Group leader: required once a week for one hour, to lead a group of walkers around the local area. Prahran area.
Tutor: required for primary school child, once a week for one hour, Working With Children Check required, St Kilda area.
Positive Sporting Behaviour Mentors: Local Primary School looking for mentors to assist boys in Grade 4-5 during sports playtime. One–three times per week during their lunchtime . Role commencing in May 2016, Working With Children Check required. Port Melbourne area.
Are you creative? Can you sing or dance? Do you play chess? SRS facilities are looking for volunteers to:
- provide company for residents
- run groups in art therapy
- sing, dance or play chess with residents.
How do I become a volunteer with ISCH?
To join our dedicated team of volunteers, you can get started by downloading and completing the following:
- Volunteer Registration form
- Drop off your form at any of our sites or email the Community Engagement Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment. If you are unable to email, please call 9525 1300.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with ISCH. We hope to see you soon!
- Community Directory Support socially inclusive cafes & organisations in our local area, using the ISCH ‘Welcome’ directory
- Check out ISCH on LinkedIn Visit the ISCH LinkedIn page for updates on current vacancies and information about working with us!
- Trauma and Homelessness Initiative ISCH has been involved in some very important work around trauma and homelessness. Read about it here.
- SHIP Social Health & Inclusion Port (SHIP) Residents and organisations working together to create a healthy and inclusive Port Melbourne community.
- Case Management Learn more about how our skilled team of case managers can assist you.
- Housing and Homeless Supporting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness is a focus of our services.
- Group Work View our Group Work page for a group program that might be right for you.