Post Acute Care
What is Post Acute Care?
When you get home from hospital you may be eligible for short term support services.
The most common services provided are:
- home cleaning
- help with shopping
- help with showering and dressing
- community nursing care
We usually receive referrals from the staff at the hospital just before a patient goes home. If this happens, we may meet you on the ward. If we don’t catch you before you get home, we will telephone you to work out whether we can help.
Our team are always happy to answer any questions. If you are not eligible for our services we can suggest other options.
Who can use the service?
People with limited support at home and have been discharged from a public hospital within the past 28 days can use the service. You must live in one of the following local council areas:
- Port Phillip
- Glen Eira
Please note: If you live outside of this area, please refer to the Department of Health and Human Services website for the appropriate PAC to contact.
Where is the service offered?
Care Coordinators community with you by phone. The service provider will come to you at home – at a time arranged with you.
When is the service available?
Care Coordinators are available by phone from Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
How much does the service cost?
The service is free of charge.
If you were discharged from the Alfred Hospital please telephone our Alfred office on 9076 2238.
If you were discharged from the Caulfield Hospital please telephone our Caulfield office on 9076 6153.
If you were discharged from any other hospital please telephone our head office on 9066 1400.
- Community Directory Support socially inclusive cafes & organisations in our local area, using the ISCH ‘Welcome’ directory
- Check out ISCH on LinkedIn Visit the ISCH LinkedIn page for updates on current vacancies and information about working with us!
- Trauma and Homelessness Initiative ISCH has been involved in some very important work around trauma and homelessness. Read about it here.
- SHIP Social Health & Inclusion Port (SHIP) Residents and organisations working together to create a healthy and inclusive Port Melbourne community.
- Case Management Learn more about how our skilled team of case managers can assist you.
- Housing and Homeless Supporting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness is a focus of our services.
- Group Work View our Group Work page for a group program that might be right for you.