What is gym exercise?
Do you want to join the local gym but find it too expensive or not sure if you’ll fit in?
We’ve teamed up with a number of local gyms to offer a number of low cost exercise programs. The programs are designed for people of all ages who want to improve their fitness, strength, balance or coordination.
All programs are supervised by our staff.
Who can come to the group?
Anybody can come to the group, however priority is given to pensioners and Health Care Card holders who live or work in the cities of Port Phillip or Stonnington.
Please note: An assessment by one of our physiotherapists and a medical clearance from your doctor are needed before starting.
Where is the group run?
The group runs at different of gyms in the cities of Port Phillip and Stonnington including:
- Police and Citizen’s Youth Club, St Kilda
- Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre (MSAC), Albert Park
- Good Life, Prahran
- Genesis, Port Melbourne.
When does the group run?
The group runs at various times from Monday to Friday.
How much does the group cost?
The group costs vary from $4 to $6 for pensioners and Health Care Card holders. Some group costs may depend on venue.
Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre also charges a $55 annual membership fee which includes free on-site parking.
To learn more please telephone: 9525 1300
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Full details about this group can be found in It’s Happening.
- Community Directory Support socially inclusive cafes & organisations in our local area, using the ISCH ‘Welcome’ directory
- Check out ISCH on LinkedIn Visit the ISCH LinkedIn page for updates on current vacancies and information about working with us!
- Trauma and Homelessness Initiative ISCH has been involved in some very important work around trauma and homelessness. Read about it here.
- SHIP Social Health & Inclusion Port (SHIP) Residents and organisations working together to create a healthy and inclusive Port Melbourne community.
- Case Management Learn more about how our skilled team of case managers can assist you.
- Housing and Homeless Supporting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness is a focus of our services.
- Group Work View our Group Work page for a group program that might be right for you.