What is hydrotherapy?
Hydrotherapy is a form of exercise in warm water which is run by a qualified health professional. We can teach you how to exercise in water to help with:
- recovery or rehabilitation after an injury
- managing pain
- muscle and joint problems
- strength flexibility and balance
- increasing health and wellbeing.
Hydrotherapy groups are short term and usually run for 6 to 8 weeks. We encourage people to become independent with their exercises after the group finishes.
Who can come to the group?
Anybody can come to the group, however priority is given to pensioners and Health Care Card holders who live or work in our catchment area.
Where is the group run?
The group runs at the following locations:
- Harold Holt pool in Malvern
- Caulfield General Medical Centre, Caulfield.
Please note: An assessment by one of our health professionals and a medical clearance from your doctor are required before starting. We encourage people to move from hydrotherapy sessions to independent water exercise sessions when they feel able to. This makes space for new people to join the group.
When does the group run?
The group days change. Please contact us for details.
How much does the group cost?
The cost of the group varies.
To learn more please telephone: 9525 1300
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Full details about this group can be found in It’s Happening.
- Community Directory Support socially inclusive cafes & organisations in our local area, using the ISCH ‘Welcome’ directory
- Check out ISCH on LinkedIn Visit the ISCH LinkedIn page for updates on current vacancies and information about working with us!
- Trauma and Homelessness Initiative ISCH has been involved in some very important work around trauma and homelessness. Read about it here.
- SHIP Social Health & Inclusion Port (SHIP) Residents and organisations working together to create a healthy and inclusive Port Melbourne community.
- Case Management Learn more about how our skilled team of case managers can assist you.
- Housing and Homeless Supporting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness is a focus of our services.
- Group Work View our Group Work page for a group program that might be right for you.