What is light exercise?
The aim of light exercise is to improve general health and wellbeing, and maintain independence.
Our light exercise group provides more support to participants than is offered in a gym based program. Sessions include both chair-based and standing exercises to music in a fun group atmosphere.
The group is run by a qualified fitness instructor.
Who can come to the group?
Anybody can come to the group, however priority is given to pensioners and Health Care Card holders who live or work in the cities of Port Phillip or Stonnington.
Please note: An assessment by one of our physiotherapists and a medical clearance from your doctor are needed before starting.
When and where is the group run?
The group runs at the following locations:
- 18 Mitford Street, St Kilda
Tuesdays 11.30am to 12.30pm
- 240 Malvern Road, Prahran
Tuesdays 11am to 12pm
- 341 Coventry Street, South Melbourne
Wednesdays 1pm to 2pm.
How much does the group cost?
The group costs $4 per session for pensioners and Health Care Card holders.
To learn more please telephone: 9525 1300
OR email email@example.com
Full details about this group can be found in It’s Happening.
- Community Directory Support socially inclusive cafes & organisations in our local area, using the ISCH ‘Welcome’ directory
- Check out ISCH on LinkedIn Visit the ISCH LinkedIn page for updates on current vacancies and information about working with us!
- Trauma and Homelessness Initiative ISCH has been involved in some very important work around trauma and homelessness. Read about it here.
- SHIP Social Health & Inclusion Port (SHIP) Residents and organisations working together to create a healthy and inclusive Port Melbourne community.
- Case Management Learn more about how our skilled team of case managers can assist you.
- Housing and Homeless Supporting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness is a focus of our services.
- Group Work View our Group Work page for a group program that might be right for you.