What is pulmonary rehabilitation?
Do you have trouble breathing? Do you have chronic asthma or bronchitis? We can help!
Our Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program is designed to help ease your breathing during normal daily activities and to make it easier for you to exercise or walk comfortably.
You can initially come twice a week for about 7 weeks and learn exercises that will help your breathing. You can then join our maintenance program to continue with your exercises and learn about how to cope when you are feeling breathless, eating to stay healthy, how to relax, and how to look after your throat and voice. During that time your physiotherapist will help you develop an exercise program you can do at home.
When you are feeling a little better, you can come in once a month to work with the team to help maintain the gains you have made.
During this program you will be able to work with a variety of our staff for help with:
- food and nutrition
- everyday activities
- speech and language
- general health.
Who can come to the group?
The following people can come to the group:
- people who have been diagnosed with a lung disease
- people who have recently been admitted to hospital because of breathing problems.
Where is the group run?
The group runs at 341 Coventry St, South Melbourne.
When does the group run?
The group runs every Tuesday and Thursday. People can come to the group for 12 months.
How much does the group cost?
The group costs under $10 for each visit. If you can’t afford to pay you can come free of charge.
To learn more please telephone 8644 3390 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Full details about this group can be found in It’s Happening.
- Community Directory Support socially inclusive cafes & organisations in our local area, using the ISCH ‘Welcome’ directory
- Check out ISCH on LinkedIn Visit the ISCH LinkedIn page for updates on current vacancies and information about working with us!
- Trauma and Homelessness Initiative ISCH has been involved in some very important work around trauma and homelessness. Read about it here.
- SHIP Social Health & Inclusion Port (SHIP) Residents and organisations working together to create a healthy and inclusive Port Melbourne community.
- Case Management Learn more about how our skilled team of case managers can assist you.
- Housing and Homeless Supporting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness is a focus of our services.
- Group Work View our Group Work page for a group program that might be right for you.