What is strength training?
Strength training is a form of exercise using weights to help strengthen your muscles. Stronger muscles will help you reduce your aches and pains and increase your wellbeing. Strength training can also help with arthritis, osteoporosis and preventing falls.
Who can come to the group?
Anybody can come to the group, however priority is given to pensioners and Health Care Card holders who live or work in Port Phillip or Stonnington.
Please note: An assessment by an ISCHS physiotherapist and a medical clearance from your doctor are required before starting.
Where is the group run?
The group runs at 240 Malvern Road, Prahran.
When does the group run?
The group runs on Tuesdays and Thursdays during school terms from 10am to 11am. Participants must attend both sessions per week.
How much does the group cost?
The group costs $4 per session for pensioners and Health Care Card holders.
To learn more please telephone 9525 1300 or email email@example.com
Full details about this group can be found in It’s Happening.
- Community Directory Support socially inclusive cafes & organisations in our local area, using the ISCH ‘Welcome’ directory
- Check out ISCH on LinkedIn Visit the ISCH LinkedIn page for updates on current vacancies and information about working with us!
- Trauma and Homelessness Initiative ISCH has been involved in some very important work around trauma and homelessness. Read about it here.
- SHIP Social Health & Inclusion Port (SHIP) Residents and organisations working together to create a healthy and inclusive Port Melbourne community.
- Case Management Learn more about how our skilled team of case managers can assist you.
- Housing and Homeless Supporting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness is a focus of our services.
- Group Work View our Group Work page for a group program that might be right for you.