Support Groups for Parents
What are support groups for parents?
Bringing up children is no easy task. From time to time most parents struggle with the challenges of raising children. This can be especially true when faced with children starting to grow up and assert their independence, brothers and sisters not getting along, if there is disrespect or verbal or physical violence at home, or when some family members feel unsafe at home.
We regularly run groups for parents and carers where you can meet others going through the same tough times. The groups are run by two staff who are able to help you work out a plan to help improve the situation at home.
Parents who have been to a support group have said that having someone listen to them and also hearing from other parents was really helpful and helped them to feel less alone. They reported increased confidence in themselves and found the tools, strategies, tips, ideas and information useful. They were also better able to set rules and boundaries at home, and establish respectful relationships within their family.
Who can come to the group?
Families living locally can come to the group.
Where is the group offered?
The group is offered at the following locations:
- Port Melbourne
- South Melbourne
- St Kilda
When is the group available?
The 8 week group is run three times per year.
How much does the group cost?
There is a small charge which can be waived if necessary.
To learn more please telephone:
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community Directory Support socially inclusive cafes & organisations in our local area, using the ISCH ‘Welcome’ directory
- Check out ISCH on LinkedIn Visit the ISCH LinkedIn page for updates on current vacancies and information about working with us!
- Trauma and Homelessness Initiative ISCH has been involved in some very important work around trauma and homelessness. Read about it here.
- SHIP Social Health & Inclusion Port (SHIP) Residents and organisations working together to create a healthy and inclusive Port Melbourne community.
- Case Management Learn more about how our skilled team of case managers can assist you.
- Housing and Homeless Supporting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness is a focus of our services.
- Group Work View our Group Work page for a group program that might be right for you.