What is water exercise?
Working out in water is fun and can be less stressful for your joints than exercise on land. The aim of water exercise is to improve general health and wellbeing and maintain independence.
We run supported water exercise groups for beginners and also sessions for people who are independent with their own program. The group will include a variety of different types of water exercise that are low impact and easy to perform.
Who can come to the group?
Anybody can come to the group, however priority is given to pensioners and Health Care Card holders who live or work in the cities of Port Phillip or Stonnington.
Please note: An assessment by one of our physiotherapists and a medical clearance from your doctor are needed before starting. Our physiotherapist will determine which group is best suited to your needs.
We encourage people to move from supported water exercise to independent water exercise sessions when they are able to, to allow for new people to join the program.
Where is the group run?
The group is mainly run at the Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre (MSAC) in Albert Park.
When does the group run?
The group runs at different times from Monday to Friday.
How much does the group cost?
Most sessions cost approx $5 (this covers concession entrance fee for MSAC) for pensioners and Health Care Card Holders.
To learn more please telephone:
South Melbourne 9690 9144
St Kilda 9534 0981
Prahran 9525 1300
Or email email@example.com
Full details about this group can be found in It’s Happening.
- Community Directory Support socially inclusive cafes & organisations in our local area, using the ISCH ‘Welcome’ directory
- Check out ISCH on LinkedIn Visit the ISCH LinkedIn page for updates on current vacancies and information about working with us!
- Trauma and Homelessness Initiative ISCH has been involved in some very important work around trauma and homelessness. Read about it here.
- SHIP Social Health & Inclusion Port (SHIP) Residents and organisations working together to create a healthy and inclusive Port Melbourne community.
- Case Management Learn more about how our skilled team of case managers can assist you.
- Housing and Homeless Supporting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness is a focus of our services.
- Group Work View our Group Work page for a group program that might be right for you.