Living without Cigarettes
What is the Living without Cigarettes Course?
Congratulations! Thinking about giving up smoking is the first step.
Living without Cigarettes is a six week course led by a specially trained worker. It is a place where you can freely discuss smoking and what it means to you with a small group of up to 12 people. Together we will look at new ways to reduce your harm from tobacco.
- individual discussion
- group discussion
- fun activities
- learning about medications such as nicotine replacement therapy.
Written information is also given as part of the course, to help you when away from the group.
The course consists of the following sessions:
- Week 1: Why do I smoke? There is more to tobacco addiction than meets the eye.
- Week 2: What is smoking addiction? Thinking about how smoking affects my life.
- Week 3: Find ways to make a good plan. A plan that suits you will be a plan that works best for you.
- Week 4: Getting by without cigarettes. Finding the support you need, and ways to tackle the cravings.
- Week 5: How to live without tobacco. Tips to deal with negative thoughts and feelings that can come with change.
- Week 6: Holding onto better choices and embracing the rewards.
Find out about other services we offer to help you get free from tobacco.
Who can come to the group?
The following people can come to the group:
- people who are looking for ways to cut down or give up smoking / tobacco
- priority is given to people living or working in the cities of Port Phillip or Stonnington.
Where is the group run?
The group runs at the following locations:
- South Melbourne
- St Kilda
When does the group run?
The group meets once a week for 1.5 hours over a six week period. Please telephone us for course dates.
How much does the group cost?
The group is free of charge.
To learn more please telephone:
South Melbourne 9690 9144
St Kilda 9534 0981
Prahran 9525 1300
Or email email@example.com
Full details about this group can be found in It’s Happening.
- Community Directory Support socially inclusive cafes & organisations in our local area, using the ISCH ‘Welcome’ directory
- Check out ISCH on LinkedIn Visit the ISCH LinkedIn page for updates on current vacancies and information about working with us!
- Trauma and Homelessness Initiative ISCH has been involved in some very important work around trauma and homelessness. Read about it here.
- SHIP Social Health & Inclusion Port (SHIP) Residents and organisations working together to create a healthy and inclusive Port Melbourne community.
- Case Management Learn more about how our skilled team of case managers can assist you.
- Housing and Homeless Supporting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness is a focus of our services.
- Group Work View our Group Work page for a group program that might be right for you.