What dental services do we offer?
Our team of dentists, therapists (people who treat common dental problems), prosthetists (people who make dentures) and dental assistants are passionate about your dental health. We offer the following dental services:
- check-ups, x-rays and teeth cleaning
- fillings, extractions, root canal treatment
- denture fitting
- dental health education.
Who can use the service?
- all people with a Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card and their children
- all pre-school and primary school aged children.
Our team prioritises the following groups for treatment by reducing wait time:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders
- people who are experiencing homelessness
- people with an enduring mental health condition
- people who are HIV+
- pregnant women
- refugees and asylum seekers (who are always given the earliest possible appointment).
If you require non-emergency treatment, you may be placed on a wait list. You can ask reception how long you may be expected to wait.
Where and when is the service offered?
The service is at Prahran and South Melbourne sites, Monday to Friday, 8:15am to 5pm. Also, at South Melbourne we are open to 8 pm on Wednesdays.
How much does the service cost?
- From the 1st October 2016 fess are:
- $27.50 – $110.00 for general dental treatment course of care for Entitlement Card Holders (Health Care Card/Pensioner Concession Card)
- $27.50 for an emergency (pain relief) appointment
- $133.00 fee for full set of dentures; $66.50 for half set of dentures
There is no charge for:
- children up to 12 years of age
- children 12-18 years of pension card holders
- Fees may be waived for people experiencing financial difficulties
What is the Outreach Dental Service?
Our dental team want to make sure that dental care is available to everyone in the community. We make visits to pre-schools, primary schools, supported residential services and rooming houses. We do dental check-ups and provide advice on dental care.
Where is the service offered?
We go to where we are needed. This includes visiting:
- supported residential services, rooming houses and community agencies
- pre-schools and primary schools
Please note: At outreach visits we can offer advice, do a dental check-up and arrange an appointment for you to visit one of our clinics.
For further information or to make an appointment please telephone 9525 1300 or use our dental appointment booking form
- Community Directory Support socially inclusive cafes & organisations in our local area, using the ISCH ‘Welcome’ directory
- Check out ISCH on LinkedIn Visit the ISCH LinkedIn page for updates on current vacancies and information about working with us!
- Trauma and Homelessness Initiative ISCH has been involved in some very important work around trauma and homelessness. Read about it here.
- SHIP Social Health & Inclusion Port (SHIP) Residents and organisations working together to create a healthy and inclusive Port Melbourne community.
- Case Management Learn more about how our skilled team of case managers can assist you.
- Housing and Homeless Supporting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness is a focus of our services.
- Group Work View our Group Work page for a group program that might be right for you.