Mobile Health Outreach (MhOS)
Do any of these sentences describe you?
- I need clean injecting equipment.
- I need a disposable syringe container.
- I need information about using drugs safely.
- My friend is using and I want some information about safe drug use.
- I need some condoms and lube.
- I live, work or have connections in the inner south suburbs of Melbourne.
If so, we can help.
We are experienced and qualified drug safety outreach workers. If you use drugs and live in our catchment area, we can provide you with clean equipment, safer sex supplies (i.e. condoms and lubricant), health information and referrals to other services.
As we are a mobile health outreach service, we can provide services to you at home, on the street, and in public or community venues. We can also provide health information and referrals over the phone.
Our team has over 2,000 client contacts and provides over 220,000 clean needles and syringes each year. Can we help you too?
Needle and Syringe Exchange services
If you are looking for clean needle and syringes during business hours visit our Needle and Syringe Exchange page.
Who can use the service?
Anyone who uses drugs can access the service.
Where is the service offered?
The service is offered in the inner southern metropolitan region of Melbourne.
When is the service available?
The service is available every day of the year (including public holidays) from 7.30pm to 11.30pm.
How much does the service cost?
The service is free of charge.
Please call us on 0419 204 811.
We work in the evenings on outreach so are often busy. If we don’t answer the phone, please leave a message and we will return your call as soon as possible.
- Community Directory Support socially inclusive cafes & organisations in our local area, using the ISCH ‘Welcome’ directory
- Check out ISCH on LinkedIn Visit the ISCH LinkedIn page for updates on current vacancies and information about working with us!
- Trauma and Homelessness Initiative ISCH has been involved in some very important work around trauma and homelessness. Read about it here.
- SHIP Social Health & Inclusion Port (SHIP) Residents and organisations working together to create a healthy and inclusive Port Melbourne community.
- Case Management Learn more about how our skilled team of case managers can assist you.
- Housing and Homeless Supporting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness is a focus of our services.
- Group Work View our Group Work page for a group program that might be right for you.