Family Casework Counselling
What is family casework counselling?
Bringing up children is no easy task. From time to time most parents struggle with the challenges of raising their children. This can be especially true when faced with situations like:
- children starting to grow up and assert their independence
- brothers and sisters not getting along
- death, divorce or separation in the family
- stress from job loss or change in income
- family members sick or unwell and the family dynamic changes
- disrespect, verbal or physical violence at home
- some family members feeling unsafe at home.
We have specialist family counsellors who can work with all members of the family separately or together. They are able to listen and help you sort through problems. They can give you practical tips on how to listen and talk to each other, and strategies to help improve communication and calm disagreements.
We can also help families with other types of local support such as sporting and homework clubs, and meeting friends at adventure playgrounds for bigger kids and playgroups for the little ones.
Who can use the service?
Families of all sorts, shapes and sizes can use the service.
Where is the service offered?
The service is offered in the southern metropolitan area of Melbourne.
When is the service available?
The service is available from Monday to Friday.
How much does the service cost?
The service is free of charge.
For further information please telephone:
OR email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community Directory Support socially inclusive cafes & organisations in our local area, using the ISCH ‘Welcome’ directory
- Check out ISCH on LinkedIn Visit the ISCH LinkedIn page for updates on current vacancies and information about working with us!
- Trauma and Homelessness Initiative ISCH has been involved in some very important work around trauma and homelessness. Read about it here.
- SHIP Social Health & Inclusion Port (SHIP) Residents and organisations working together to create a healthy and inclusive Port Melbourne community.
- Case Management Learn more about how our skilled team of case managers can assist you.
- Housing and Homeless Supporting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness is a focus of our services.
- Group Work View our Group Work page for a group program that might be right for you.