Midwife Shared Care
How can we support you during your pregnancy?
The City of Port Phillip funds a midwife to work with disadvantaged pregnant women in the local area. Our midwife goes out and about in the community to meet women and assist them with pregnancy advice.
If you are pregnant, our midwife can give you the care and information you need to stay well and healthy during pregnancy and to give your baby the best possible start in life.
The midwife can help you in the following important ways:
- She can make arrangements or take you to the Royal Women’s Hospital to book in for the baby’s birth and have necessary tests such as blood tests, ultrasound and anything else required.
- She can provide information and advice about what to expect when you’re expecting, including healthy eating, safe exercise and what to prepare for your new baby.
- She can provide information about how to know when labour is starting and what to expect during the birth.
- She can help with information about quitting smoking, getting your teeth checked and more.
- She can help you to get special help with any alcohol or drug addictions.
- She can help you find housing.
- She can introduce you to the maternal and child health nurse who will help you after your baby is born.
- She can provide support and advice for your partner or the father of the baby.
Who can use the service?
Pregnant women living in the city of Port Phillip who are isolated and disadvantaged can use the service.
Where is the service offered?
The service is offered at the following locations:
- Port Melbourne
- South Melbourne
- St Kilda
When is the service available?
The service is available on most days.
How much does the service cost?
The service is free of charge.
For further information please telephone 9525 1300 or email email@example.com
- Community Directory Support socially inclusive cafes & organisations in our local area, using the ISCH ‘Welcome’ directory
- Check out ISCH on LinkedIn Visit the ISCH LinkedIn page for updates on current vacancies and information about working with us!
- Trauma and Homelessness Initiative ISCH has been involved in some very important work around trauma and homelessness. Read about it here.
- SHIP Social Health & Inclusion Port (SHIP) Residents and organisations working together to create a healthy and inclusive Port Melbourne community.
- Case Management Learn more about how our skilled team of case managers can assist you.
- Housing and Homeless Supporting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness is a focus of our services.
- Group Work View our Group Work page for a group program that might be right for you.