Support for Young Women
How do we support young women?
We offer support to young women in the local community in a number of important ways. We can provide help and assistance to young women who are alone, struggling with friends, school or family relationships, have health problems, are homeless or have problems with drugs or alcohol.
Our services include:
- Our specialist nurse who works with young women who are homeless or facing homelessness. She can help with a range of health issues, drug or alcohol problems, and school troubles. You name it – you can discuss it with her. She can also help with more personal problems such as family and mental health matters (anxiety, depression, and more). This is a hands-on service where the nurse is out and about. We know not everyone wants to come into our centres, so she can come to you.
- Our youth worker can work with you over a longer period of time. She can give you lots of practical tips and do lots of listening to help you work through problems and get back on track.
- We offer lots of advice and education about all sorts of topics that are relevant to you.
- We can link you up to different services in the local area and further afield.
Who can use the service?
Young women aged 12 to 25 living in our catchment areas in the cities of Port Phillip or Stonnington can use the service.
Where is the service offered?
The service is offered at the following locations:
- South Melbourne
- St Kilda
When is the service available?
The service is available most days of the week and some evenings.
How much does the service cost?
The service is free of charge.
To learn more please telephone:
South Melbourne 9690 9144
St Kilda 9534 0981
Prahran 9525 1300
Or email email@example.com
- Community Directory Support socially inclusive cafes & organisations in our local area, using the ISCH ‘Welcome’ directory
- Check out ISCH on LinkedIn Visit the ISCH LinkedIn page for updates on current vacancies and information about working with us!
- Trauma and Homelessness Initiative ISCH has been involved in some very important work around trauma and homelessness. Read about it here.
- SHIP Social Health & Inclusion Port (SHIP) Residents and organisations working together to create a healthy and inclusive Port Melbourne community.
- Case Management Learn more about how our skilled team of case managers can assist you.
- Housing and Homeless Supporting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness is a focus of our services.
- Group Work View our Group Work page for a group program that might be right for you.