Help for Young People (Teenagers)
How can we help young people?
The teenage years are a time of rapid personal and body changes that can be really difficult for many young people. Our staff can assist you if you feel alone or are struggling with friends, school or family relationships. We are here to help you get the most out of this time and move into the adult world as smoothly as possible.
We have a specialist nurse who works with young people that are homeless or facing homelessness. She can help with a range problems including:
- sexual and reproductive health
- drug or alcohol
- school troubles
- mental health matters (anxiety, depression, and more).
This is a hands-on service where our nurse is out and about. She can come to visit you because we know that not everyone wants to come into a centre. Advice and education is also on offer so don’t be shy to ask. We know that the first step of making contact is often the hardest, but if you’d like to link up with the nurse please let us know. We’re here to help!
Who can use the service?
Young people aged 12 to 25 can use the service.
Where is the service offered?
The service is offered to people living in the cities of Stonnington and Port Phillip at the following locations:
- South Melbourne
- St Kilda
When is the service available?
The service is available most days of the week and some evenings.
How much does the service cost?
The service is free of charge.
To learn more please telephone:
OR email email@example.com
- Community Directory Support socially inclusive cafes & organisations in our local area, using the ISCH ‘Welcome’ directory
- Check out ISCH on LinkedIn Visit the ISCH LinkedIn page for updates on current vacancies and information about working with us!
- Trauma and Homelessness Initiative ISCH has been involved in some very important work around trauma and homelessness. Read about it here.
- SHIP Social Health & Inclusion Port (SHIP) Residents and organisations working together to create a healthy and inclusive Port Melbourne community.
- Case Management Learn more about how our skilled team of case managers can assist you.
- Housing and Homeless Supporting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness is a focus of our services.
- Group Work View our Group Work page for a group program that might be right for you.