Help with your Child's Development
How can we help with my child’s development?
We know how precious each child is and we want to help both parents and children get the most out of family life. Some children need extra help to grow and flourish and we are here to help.
Our team of specialised staff are able to help if your child is having problems with:
- keeping up with other kids
- understanding how to do and learn new things
- shyness or trouble playing with other kids
- any other issue which mum, dad, grandma or the kinder teacher is worried about.
We also care for children with autism or other delays in their normal development. We can provide more specialised help and care for your child at home, at the kinder, at day-care or at our centre.
We have the fun factor covered too, through our supported playgroups. These playgroups are for families who are new to the area and may not know many people, or just need to find some playmates close to home. The groups meet weekly and allow big (5 year olds) and small (1 year olds) children to get together, have some fun and make new friends. Our team are on hand to advise about play activities, normal child development and more.
Who can use the service?
Parents with children up to 6 years of age can use the service.
Where is the service offered?
The service is offered to people living in Stonnington and Port Phillip at the following locations:
- South Melbourne
- St Kilda
When is the service available?
The service is available from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
How much does the service cost?
The cost is means tested for community health services.
There is no fee for children eligible for our small Early Childhood Intervention Service
To learn more please telephone:
OR email email@example.com
- Community Directory Support socially inclusive cafes & organisations in our local area, using the ISCH ‘Welcome’ directory
- Check out ISCH on LinkedIn Visit the ISCH LinkedIn page for updates on current vacancies and information about working with us!
- Trauma and Homelessness Initiative ISCH has been involved in some very important work around trauma and homelessness. Read about it here.
- SHIP Social Health & Inclusion Port (SHIP) Residents and organisations working together to create a healthy and inclusive Port Melbourne community.
- Case Management Learn more about how our skilled team of case managers can assist you.
- Housing and Homeless Supporting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness is a focus of our services.
- Group Work View our Group Work page for a group program that might be right for you.