Inner South acknowledge the traditional owner of this land, the Yalukit Willam clan of the Boon Wurrung people and pay our respects to their elders both past and present. We acknowledge and uphold their continuing relationship to this land.
Over the past 15 years, we have developed a strong connection with local Indigenous communities. We provide a range of health services and support to the community with a specific focus on elders, women, families and young people.
We also host a number of regular community events. You can read more about these – Our Rainbow Place and the Wominjeka BBQ – below.
Smoke Free and Deadly
On Closing the Gap Day, 2016, ISCH launched this fantastic new film – “Smoke Free and Deadly: Journeys Shared, Moving Towards Being Smoke Free”. It tells the story of members of our local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community who have given up smoking
Our Rainbow Place
Our Rainbow Place is the local Aboriginal gathering in St Kilda. We share a healthy meal and are always happy to have a yarn. If you’d like, we can make suggestions about how you can stay well and can talk to you about any services you might be interested in. Staff from some other local services also sometimes attend so you can get to know them.
Our Rainbow Place is at The Cottage, at 18 Mitford St, St Kilda (just up from Acland St) every second Thursday, from 12 midday onwards. The group is free of charge.
Wominjeka BBQ is held every Monday at Veg Out Gardens in St Kilda (opposite Luna Park). It’s a space for the local Aboriginal community to meet, have a feed and a yarn. If you’d like, we can make suggestions about how you can stay well and talk to you about any services you might be interested in. The BBQ is held every Monday from 11.30 am
Please phone the Indigenous Access Coordinator on 9525 1300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community Directory Support socially inclusive cafes & organisations in our local area, using the ISCH ‘Welcome’ directory
- Check out ISCH on LinkedIn Visit the ISCH LinkedIn page for updates on current vacancies and information about working with us!
- Trauma and Homelessness Initiative ISCH has been involved in some very important work around trauma and homelessness. Read about it here.
- SHIP Social Health & Inclusion Port (SHIP) Residents and organisations working together to create a healthy and inclusive Port Melbourne community.
- Case Management Learn more about how our skilled team of case managers can assist you.
- Housing and Homeless Supporting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness is a focus of our services.
- Group Work View our Group Work page for a group program that might be right for you.