Assertive Mental Health Outreach
Are you or someone you know homeless, in insecure housing and struggling with serious mental health issues? Would one-to-one support and practical assistance be helpful?
We offer information and help to people who are having problems with their mental health and are homeless, or are at risk of becoming homeless, and are not being helped by another mental health support or treatment services
How we can work with you?
- We can meet you in a place that best suits you, including the local park, your rooming house, on the street, in a café, in a low cost private hotel, at a drop-in centre, in someone’s house or at any of our centres.
- We work with you to develop an individual plan.
- We can link you to other mental health treatments and services.
- We can help you with housing, welfare, health, drug and alcohol, and other community services. For example, we offer services like: dental (teeth), dietetics (food and nutrition), drug and alcohol counselling/outreach, general counselling, physiotherapy (massage and exercise), podiatry (feet and leg care) and more.
- We can help in practical ways, like helping you make appointments.
- We work with other services and agencies to get the best outcomes for you.
- With your consent we can access all relevant information from other support agencies, carers and family members in order in achieve the best outcomes for you.
The Assertive Mental Health Outreach Team is located at Inner South Community Health’s Mitford Street St. Kilda site.
Cities of Port Phillip and Stonnington.
For referrals and intake please contact:
The Assertive Mental Health Outreach Coordinator on 9520 3138.
The Coordinator will screen the referral to check for eligibility If a referral is not fitting for the service, the Coordinator will provide relevant information to referees about other appropriate mental health/AOD support services.
- Community Directory Support socially inclusive cafes & organisations in our local area, using the ISCH ‘Welcome’ directory
- Check out ISCH on LinkedIn Visit the ISCH LinkedIn page for updates on current vacancies and information about working with us!
- Trauma and Homelessness Initiative ISCH has been involved in some very important work around trauma and homelessness. Read about it here.
- SHIP Social Health & Inclusion Port (SHIP) Residents and organisations working together to create a healthy and inclusive Port Melbourne community.
- Case Management Learn more about how our skilled team of case managers can assist you.
- Housing and Homeless Supporting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness is a focus of our services.
- Group Work View our Group Work page for a group program that might be right for you.