Would you like to work with someone who has a lived experience of mental illness and recovery?
Our peer support workers have a lived experience of mental illness and recovery and use this to support you on your own recovery journey.
Peer support is based upon
- Mutuality: Giving and receiving help and support with respect based on a shared experience.
- Empathy: Understanding through the personal experience of having “been there”.
- Engagement: Sharing personal recovery experiences. “If she/he can do it, so can I.”
- Wellness: Focusing on each person’s strengths and wellness.
- Recovery Orientation: Promoting recovery through relationship and modeling of the recovery journey.
We currently offer the following opportunities for mental health peer support:
Referrals and intake
Contact the PHaMs Coordinator directly. PHaMs Intake operates on Monday ‘s 9525 1300.
You will be contacted by the PHaMs coordinator within 2 weeks to further discuss your referral, please indicate if you are not available on a Monday.
- Community Directory Support socially inclusive cafes & organisations in our local area, using the ISCH ‘Welcome’ directory
- Check out ISCH on LinkedIn Visit the ISCH LinkedIn page for updates on current vacancies and information about working with us!
- Trauma and Homelessness Initiative ISCH has been involved in some very important work around trauma and homelessness. Read about it here.
- SHIP Social Health & Inclusion Port (SHIP) Residents and organisations working together to create a healthy and inclusive Port Melbourne community.
- Case Management Learn more about how our skilled team of case managers can assist you.
- Housing and Homeless Supporting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness is a focus of our services.
- Group Work View our Group Work page for a group program that might be right for you.