Personal Helpers and Mentors Employment Service
What is the Personal Helpers and Mentors Employment Service (PHaMs)?
If you have a mental illness, receive Disability Support Pension, are engaged, or willing to engage, with employment services and have employment as a primary goal you may be eligible for PHaMs Employment Services.
PHaMs Employment Service can assist you to address non-vocational issues that are barriers to finding and maintaining employment, training or education. Your PHaMs worker has links to specialist support and government employment services, such as Disability Employment Services, Job Services Australia, state-funded services and social enterprises and can help refer you to these programs if required.
Would you like someone in your life that can support you to;
- Work on goals related to employment
- Engage with employment services
Personal Helpers and Mentors (PHaMs) Employment Service is recovery focussed – we believe that people can recover from mental illness and lead satisfying and rewarding lives.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible for PHaMs Employment Services you must:
- Be in receipt of the Disability Support Pension or other government income support payment
- Be engaged, or willing to engage, with an employment service, and
- Be willing to include goals relating to employment in his/her Individual Recovery Plan.
City of Port Phillip, City of Yarra
Referrals and intake?
Request for PHaMs service via ISCH I&R Mon – Fri 9am-5pm 95251300
OR Contact the PHaMs Coordinator directly. PHaMs Intake operates on Mondays 9525 1300.
You will be contacted by the PHaMs coordinator within 2 weeks to further discuss your referral. Please indicate if you are not available on a Monday.
- Community Directory Support socially inclusive cafes & organisations in our local area, using the ISCH ‘Welcome’ directory
- Check out ISCH on LinkedIn Visit the ISCH LinkedIn page for updates on current vacancies and information about working with us!
- Trauma and Homelessness Initiative ISCH has been involved in some very important work around trauma and homelessness. Read about it here.
- SHIP Social Health & Inclusion Port (SHIP) Residents and organisations working together to create a healthy and inclusive Port Melbourne community.
- Case Management Learn more about how our skilled team of case managers can assist you.
- Housing and Homeless Supporting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness is a focus of our services.
- Group Work View our Group Work page for a group program that might be right for you.