Personal Helpers and Mentors Program
What is the Personal Helpers and Mentors Service (PHaMs)?
Personal Helpers and Mentors support people whose lives are severely affected by a mental illness.
Would you like someone in your life that can support you to;
- Improve or develop relationships with family and friends;
- Become involved in social or community activities or groups;
- Cope better with everyday tasks like getting to places on public transport, housekeeping, and budgeting;
- Access community services like health, housing or family support;
- Improve or develop personal skills and confidence;
- Set and achieve goals to improve your life.
Personal Helpers and Mentors is recovery focused – we believe that people can recover from mental illness and lead satisfying and rewarding lives. If you join Personal Helpers and Mentors, you will work with your own Personal Helper and Mentor who will support you on your personal recovery journey.
Am I eligible?
If you are 16 years or over, you may be eligible for Personal Helpers and Mentors.
You do not need to have been formally diagnosed with a mental illness to join Personal Helpers and Mentors.
You will be asked some questions about how your life is affected by mental illness to work out if you are eligible.
For referrals and intake please contact:
Request for PHaMs service via ISCH I&R Mon – Fri 9am-5pm 95251300
OR Contact the PHaMs Coordinator directly. PHaMs Intake operates on Mondays 9525 1300.
You will be contacted by the PHaMs coordinator within 2 weeks to further discuss your referral. Please indicate if you are not available on a Monday.
- Community Directory Support socially inclusive cafes & organisations in our local area, using the ISCH ‘Welcome’ directory
- Check out ISCH on LinkedIn Visit the ISCH LinkedIn page for updates on current vacancies and information about working with us!
- Trauma and Homelessness Initiative ISCH has been involved in some very important work around trauma and homelessness. Read about it here.
- SHIP Social Health & Inclusion Port (SHIP) Residents and organisations working together to create a healthy and inclusive Port Melbourne community.
- Case Management Learn more about how our skilled team of case managers can assist you.
- Housing and Homeless Supporting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness is a focus of our services.
- Group Work View our Group Work page for a group program that might be right for you.