Intake and Referral
Do you need help?
Not sure which service is right for you but would like to learn more? Talk to us.
We have a team of friendly staff to help you. We are your link to all types of information, services and groups, both near and far. We process over 5,000 new referrals each year!
Our intake and referral team are the first stop for new client referrals and requests from hospital staff, local doctors and people who need help. You can call our team to discuss options for yourself, a family member or a client. We pride ourselves on the way we process referrals quickly and efficiently.
You can also come into one of our centres any morning or afternoon, Monday to Friday, and have a chat with one of our Intake workers.
We can provide information about:
- the services we offer and any costs to you
- the services we don’t offer and where to get them
- how to get immediate crisis or emergency help
- where to go for advice on a range of topics such as needle and syringe exchange, social groups where you can meet other people or how to find a language interpreter.
Our team can work with you to match the service to your needs and we always welcome your enquiry. We believe, ‘there’s no such thing as a wrong call’.
Who can use the service?
All people are welcome to call us or come in to find out about our services and groups, or to ask about other health and wellbeing services. If we are busy we give priority to those with the most need and they will be seen first.
Where is the service offered?
The service is offered at our following centres:
- St Kilda (Mitford St and Inkerman St)
- South Melbourne.
When is the service available?
The service is open Monday to Friday, 10am – 12.30pm and 2pm – 4.30pm, except Inkerman St which opens Tues to Fri 1.00 – 5.00pm.
How much does the service cost?
The service is free of charge.
To learn more please telephone: 9525 1300
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community Directory Support socially inclusive cafes & organisations in our local area, using the ISCH ‘Welcome’ directory
- Check out ISCH on LinkedIn Visit the ISCH LinkedIn page for updates on current vacancies and information about working with us!
- Trauma and Homelessness Initiative ISCH has been involved in some very important work around trauma and homelessness. Read about it here.
- SHIP Social Health & Inclusion Port (SHIP) Residents and organisations working together to create a healthy and inclusive Port Melbourne community.
- Case Management Learn more about how our skilled team of case managers can assist you.
- Housing and Homeless Supporting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness is a focus of our services.
- Group Work View our Group Work page for a group program that might be right for you.