Freedom from Tobacco
How can we help you get free from cigarettes and tobacco?
Congratulations! Thinking about giving up smoking is the first step.
There are a number of ways that we can help you reduce or quit smoking so you can lead a healthier life.
During individual counselling you can talk with a specially trained worker in a safe place to discuss smoking and what it means to you. We will help you find new ways to reduce harm or give up tobacco altogether. We will consider what might work best for you by:
- exploring your individual needs
- helping you find healthy distractions
- discussing nicotine replacement therapy (such as patches, inhalers, lozenges) or other medications.
Together with a counsellor you can learn how to:
- set realistic goals
- get the right support you need
- make changes for a healthier lifestyle
- learn about addiction and unwanted smoking patterns
- find ways to deal with negative thoughts and feelings that can come with change
- reward yourself for your successes.
Living without Cigarettes Course
The Living without Cigarettes Course is led by a specially trained worker. It is a place where you can freely discuss smoking and what it means to you with others going through a similar experience. Together you can look at new ways to reduce harm or give up tobacco.
Group work in the course includes:
- individual discussion
- group discussion
- fun activities
- learning about medications such as nicotine replacement therapy.
Written information is also provided as part of the course.
Find out more about the Living without Cigarettes Course here.
Who can use the service?
The following people can use the service:
- people who are looking for ways to cut down or give up tobacco
- priority is given to people living or working in the cities of Port Phillip or Stonnington.
Where and when is the service offered?
The service is offered at all our sites and at local community venues.
The service is available by appointment through our Intake and Referral worker.
How much does the service cost?
The service is free of charge.
To learn more please telephone the Intake and Referral worker on 9525 1300 OR email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community Directory Support socially inclusive cafes & organisations in our local area, using the ISCH ‘Welcome’ directory
- Check out ISCH on LinkedIn Visit the ISCH LinkedIn page for updates on current vacancies and information about working with us!
- Trauma and Homelessness Initiative ISCH has been involved in some very important work around trauma and homelessness. Read about it here.
- SHIP Social Health & Inclusion Port (SHIP) Residents and organisations working together to create a healthy and inclusive Port Melbourne community.
- Case Management Learn more about how our skilled team of case managers can assist you.
- Housing and Homeless Supporting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness is a focus of our services.
- Group Work View our Group Work page for a group program that might be right for you.