Nutrition, Dietetics and Diabetes Education
What does a dietitian do?
Dietitians use their expertise in food and nutrition to assist you in improving your health and wellbeing, and to prevent and treat disease. A dietitian will work with you to make practical, sustainable changes to your eating habits and lifestyle, supporting you to reach a healthy weight and feel better.
How can the diabetes educator help?
Have you just been diagnosed with diabetes? Are you having trouble managing your diabetes? Are you frustrated at trying to get your sugars under control? An appointment with our diabetes educator can help you with:
- making healthy lifestyle choices
- understanding your medications
- home blood sugar testing
- preventing complications of diabetes
- staying well!
Children and adults can use the service if they have type 1 or type 2 diabetes
Where are these services offered?
These services are offered at the following locations:
- 18 Mitford Street, St Kilda
- 240 Malvern Road, Prahran
- 341 Coventry Street, South Melbourne.
Our staff can also visit people who are physically unable to come to our centres.
When are these services available?
The service is available from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
How much do these services cost?
The cost for the service depends on your income level:
- low income including pensioners and Heath Care Card holders – $10 per consultation
- medium income – from $15 per consultation
- high income – $90 per hour
To learn more please telephone Central Intake: 9525 1300
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community Directory Support socially inclusive cafes & organisations in our local area, using the ISCH ‘Welcome’ directory
- Check out ISCH on LinkedIn Visit the ISCH LinkedIn page for updates on current vacancies and information about working with us!
- Trauma and Homelessness Initiative ISCH has been involved in some very important work around trauma and homelessness. Read about it here.
- SHIP Social Health & Inclusion Port (SHIP) Residents and organisations working together to create a healthy and inclusive Port Melbourne community.
- Case Management Learn more about how our skilled team of case managers can assist you.
- Housing and Homeless Supporting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness is a focus of our services.
- Group Work View our Group Work page for a group program that might be right for you.