What is occupational therapy?
Many people find after an illness or injury, or just simply because they are getting older, it is harder to do the things that they need and want to do.
Occupational therapists can help you to find ways to make everyday tasks easier. Some examples of this include:
- arranging a seat and rails in your bathroom
- suggesting ways you manage tiredness and save your energy for the things that are most important to you
- going with you on public transport to find ways for you to manage safely and independently.
If you would like to be more independent and improve your quality of life you should consider seeing an occupational therapist.
Where is the service offered?
We come to you at your home or we can initially meet at one of our centres if more convenient for you.
When is the service available?
The service is available from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
How much does the service cost?
The cost for the service depends on your income level:
- low income including pensioners and Heath Care Card holders – $10 per consultation
- medium income – from $15 per consultation
- high income – $90 per hour.
To learn more please telephone 9525 1300 or email email@example.com
- Community Directory Support socially inclusive cafes & organisations in our local area, using the ISCH ‘Welcome’ directory
- Check out ISCH on LinkedIn Visit the ISCH LinkedIn page for updates on current vacancies and information about working with us!
- Trauma and Homelessness Initiative ISCH has been involved in some very important work around trauma and homelessness. Read about it here.
- SHIP Social Health & Inclusion Port (SHIP) Residents and organisations working together to create a healthy and inclusive Port Melbourne community.
- Case Management Learn more about how our skilled team of case managers can assist you.
- Housing and Homeless Supporting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness is a focus of our services.
- Group Work View our Group Work page for a group program that might be right for you.