What is physiotherapy?
Physiotherapists can assess and treat joint and muscles injuries, help with balance and mobility, and give advice on the right type of exercise for you. We can give you treatment and advice to help improve your health and wellbeing.
Our physiotherapists can help with:
- muscle or joint aches and pains
- rehabilitation after injury and injury prevention
- difficulty walking or doing daily activities
- walking aids
- improving balance and falls prevention
- weakness or unsteadiness
- exercise prescription
- breathing difficulties
- improving strength and fitness.
Our physiotherapists provide services including:
- one to one treatment in our centre based clinics
- exercise groups
- your own exercise programs
- hydrotherapy (warm water exercise)
- home visits
- outreach work in various community locations.
Where and when is the service offered?
The service is offered at the following locations:
- 18 Mitford Street, St Kilda
- 240 Malvern Road, Prahran
- 341 Coventry Street, South Melbourne.
The service is available from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
How much does the service cost?
The cost for the service depends on your income level:
- no cost for Supported Residential Service/SRS clients
- low income including pensioners and Heath Care Card holders – $10 per consultation
- medium income – from $15 per consultation
- high income – $90 per hour.
To learn more please telephone 9525 1300 OR email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community Directory Support socially inclusive cafes & organisations in our local area, using the ISCH ‘Welcome’ directory
- Check out ISCH on LinkedIn Visit the ISCH LinkedIn page for updates on current vacancies and information about working with us!
- Trauma and Homelessness Initiative ISCH has been involved in some very important work around trauma and homelessness. Read about it here.
- SHIP Social Health & Inclusion Port (SHIP) Residents and organisations working together to create a healthy and inclusive Port Melbourne community.
- Case Management Learn more about how our skilled team of case managers can assist you.
- Housing and Homeless Supporting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness is a focus of our services.
- Group Work View our Group Work page for a group program that might be right for you.