Children and Families
Our Healthy Mothers Healthy Babies program is a midwifery service for pregnant women who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. We received a grant from the Department of Human Services to review the specific needs of disadvantaged women who are eligible for this service. We looked at examples of good care in Australia and overseas to help define the way our community health midwifery services are delivered to pregnant women.
As a result of our findings we are now adapting the following features into our community midwifery service:
- engagement and assessment
- outreach service delivery
- links and referral to pre-natal and other services
- links to maternal and child health and other support services following the birth of the baby.
Healthy Babies Project Report
- Community Directory Support socially inclusive cafes & organisations in our local area, using the ISCH ‘Welcome’ directory
- Check out ISCH on LinkedIn Visit the ISCH LinkedIn page for updates on current vacancies and information about working with us!
- Trauma and Homelessness Initiative ISCH has been involved in some very important work around trauma and homelessness. Read about it here.
- SHIP Social Health & Inclusion Port (SHIP) Residents and organisations working together to create a healthy and inclusive Port Melbourne community.
- Case Management Learn more about how our skilled team of case managers can assist you.
- Housing and Homeless Supporting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness is a focus of our services.
- Group Work View our Group Work page for a group program that might be right for you.