Visit our Journal Articles for up to date information on research, policy and health information.
Dental as Anything
Dental as Anything discusses a unique program that responds to the complex oral health needs of people with mental illness.
The article was originally published in the Australian Journal of Primary Health in 2006.
Improving Access to Primary Health Care Services for People with Serious Mental Illness Demonstration Project
This publication discusses the results of the demonstration project funded by the Department of Health and undertaken by us in conjunction with EACH in 2009 – 2010.
Research has shown that people with serious mental illness are more vulnerable to chronic conditions such as diabetes and heart disease. These people often experience barriers to the provision of adequate health care including access to mental health and medical health services. The aims of the project were to improve access to service (through screening and identification of physical health needs) and to improve access to specific care that supports identified client needs.
- Community Directory Support socially inclusive cafes & organisations in our local area, using the ISCH ‘Welcome’ directory
- Check out ISCH on LinkedIn Visit the ISCH LinkedIn page for updates on current vacancies and information about working with us!
- Trauma and Homelessness Initiative ISCH has been involved in some very important work around trauma and homelessness. Read about it here.
- SHIP Social Health & Inclusion Port (SHIP) Residents and organisations working together to create a healthy and inclusive Port Melbourne community.
- Case Management Learn more about how our skilled team of case managers can assist you.
- Housing and Homeless Supporting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness is a focus of our services.
- Group Work View our Group Work page for a group program that might be right for you.