Trauma and Homelessness Initiative (THI)
The importance of understanding the impact of trauma is increasingly recognised amongst services working with people who experience homelessness. This is particularly the case for those who experience long-term homelessness, or those at risk for experiencing long-term homelessness. ISCH is part of the Trauma and Homelessness Initiative (THI). The ultimate goal of the THI is to investigate the relationship between trauma and long-term homelessness and to develop a trauma and homelessness service framework for Sacred Heart Mission (SHM), Mind Australia, Inner South Community Health (ISCH) and VincentCare Victoria. There are several resources to come out of the initiative. These are available below.
- Community Directory Support socially inclusive cafes & organisations in our local area, using the ISCH ‘Welcome’ directory
- Check out ISCH on LinkedIn Visit the ISCH LinkedIn page for updates on current vacancies and information about working with us!
- Trauma and Homelessness Initiative ISCH has been involved in some very important work around trauma and homelessness. Read about it here.
- SHIP Social Health & Inclusion Port (SHIP) Residents and organisations working together to create a healthy and inclusive Port Melbourne community.
- Case Management Learn more about how our skilled team of case managers can assist you.
- Housing and Homeless Supporting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness is a focus of our services.
- Group Work View our Group Work page for a group program that might be right for you.