Testing for Sexually Transmissible Infections
What is a sexually transmissible infection?
A sexually transmissible infection (STI) is any infection or disease that can be passed from one person to another during sex. Anyone who is sexually active can catch an STI.
Types of STIs include:
- genital herpes
- pubic lice (crabs)
- HIV (the virus that causes AIDS).
The correct use of condoms and dams can help prevent STIs.
How can we help?
Our sexual and reproductive health nurse can help you with information and testing for STIs. She can also discuss with you how to prevent infections through safer sex and the use of precautions.
We know that these are very private and personal issues, but we want to assure you that our nurse knows this, and is here to help you confidentially. No problem is too big or too small. The nurse can take the tests for you and talk to your doctor about the results.
Who can use the service?
People of all sex and genders living in the cities of Port Phillip or Stonnington can use the service.
Where is the service offered?
The service is offered at the following locations:
- South Melbourne
- St Kilda
When is the service available?
The service is available from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
How much does the service cost?
The service is free of charge.
To learn more please telephone:
South Melbourne 9690 9144
Prahran 9525 1300
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community Directory Support socially inclusive cafes & organisations in our local area, using the ISCH ‘Welcome’ directory
- Check out ISCH on LinkedIn Visit the ISCH LinkedIn page for updates on current vacancies and information about working with us!
- Trauma and Homelessness Initiative ISCH has been involved in some very important work around trauma and homelessness. Read about it here.
- SHIP Social Health & Inclusion Port (SHIP) Residents and organisations working together to create a healthy and inclusive Port Melbourne community.
- Case Management Learn more about how our skilled team of case managers can assist you.
- Housing and Homeless Supporting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness is a focus of our services.
- Group Work View our Group Work page for a group program that might be right for you.