Social Health and Inclusion Port
Health and Wellbeing for All
‘Every community has more potential resources than any one person knows’. (Mike Green)
What is SHIP?
Social Health & Inclusion Port is a 5 year initiative of Inner South Community Health Service that brings together local residents and community organisations to improve the health and wellbeing of the Port Melbourne community.
SHIP Vision: Health and wellbeing for all
SHIP Mission: Local residents and organisations working together to create a healthy and inclusive Port Melbourne Community
SHIP Community Plan:
Seeking Local Residents to join the SHIP Committee in 2017
Do you live, work or study in the Port Melbourne area?
- Keen to contribute to the improvement of Port Melbourne?
- Willing to put ideas into action?
- Willing to support and mentor other residents to put their ideas into action?
- Willing to promote SHIP activities to local residents and groups?
- Able to interact with a range of people of different ages and backgrounds in a respectful manner?
We are seeking new members to be part of the SHIP Committee in 2017. Committee members will:
- Contribute to decisions and set the direction for the SHIP Project
- Develop an annual ‘Action Plan’
- Actively promote SHIP projects and activities to the community
- Support and mentor residents, their projects and activities.
Meetings occur bimonthly, on a Monday for two hours (from 2-4pm).
For more information, take a look at the following:
To apply complete the following application form and email to email@example.com
Applications close Friday 10th February 2017.
SHIP Priorities 2013-17
- Physical Activity: More active, more often
- Healthy Eating:healthy eating for all
- Social Connections: Inclusive and connected neighbourhoods
- Access to Health Services: affordable and accessible health services
Visit Us: Monday- Wednesday 9-12 at Liardet Street Community Centre, Port Melbourne
Phone: 9525 1300
- Community Directory Support socially inclusive cafes & organisations in our local area, using the ISCH ‘Welcome’ directory
- Check out ISCH on LinkedIn Visit the ISCH LinkedIn page for updates on current vacancies and information about working with us!
- Trauma and Homelessness Initiative ISCH has been involved in some very important work around trauma and homelessness. Read about it here.
- SHIP Social Health & Inclusion Port (SHIP) Residents and organisations working together to create a healthy and inclusive Port Melbourne community.
- Case Management Learn more about how our skilled team of case managers can assist you.
- Housing and Homeless Supporting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness is a focus of our services.
- Group Work View our Group Work page for a group program that might be right for you.