Access to Health Services
Access to Health Services
We aim to make it easier to access health services by:
- Making affordable health services available locally
- Improving transport links to key health services
- Making it easier to get clear and up-to-date information about health services and programs
In 2015-2016, we will be working on new, and continuing, the following projects:
- Kids Oral Health: by working with local childcare centres, kindergartens and Port Melbourne Primary School we aim to get more children aged 2-12 years to learn about oral health care and to have a dental check.
- Mental Health Awareness: provide the Port Melbourne community with information and education on mental health promotion and mental health conditions.
My Health Contacts Card- New edition released!
We have just released the updated ‘My Health Contacts’ wallet card. The card covers health services in the Cities of Port Phillip and Stonnington. It’s a great resource for clients to keep in their wallet as it lists local services, hospitals, 24/7 health lines and much more.
You can pick up a copy at the Port Melbourne Library or at ISCH South Melbourne. Alternatively, email us at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org and we can send you a copy.
How you can get involved
- Join the Access to Health Services Working Group- we meet on the fourth Wednesday of each month at the Liardet Community Centre from 10:30-11:30am
- Attend a health education program
- Tell us what health services you would like to find out more about
- Assist us with our research
To find out more on being involved in improving Access to Health Services in Port Melbourne contact the SHIP Team on 9525 1300 or via email: email@example.com
Helping you find a local medical practice
ISCH now provides bulk billing medical services at our South Melbourne and Prahran sites five days a week. For more information click here.
The SHIP Access to Health Services Working Group has also compiled a list bulk billing appointments available at medical practices in the local area, including: Albert Park, Elwood, Middle Park, Port Melbourne, Prahran, South Melbourne and St Kilda. It lists the availability of bulk billing appointments for each practice.
- Community Directory Support socially inclusive cafes & organisations in our local area, using the ISCH ‘Welcome’ directory
- Check out ISCH on LinkedIn Visit the ISCH LinkedIn page for updates on current vacancies and information about working with us!
- Trauma and Homelessness Initiative ISCH has been involved in some very important work around trauma and homelessness. Read about it here.
- SHIP Social Health & Inclusion Port (SHIP) Residents and organisations working together to create a healthy and inclusive Port Melbourne community.
- Case Management Learn more about how our skilled team of case managers can assist you.
- Housing and Homeless Supporting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness is a focus of our services.
- Group Work View our Group Work page for a group program that might be right for you.