Get Involved in SHIP
Do you live in Port Melbourne? Would you like to…
- Be more active?
- Eat a healthier diet?
- Be more connected to your local community?
- Have better access to health services?
SHIP is looking for people in Port Melbourne to become involved in putting ideas into action. If you have a keen interest in a particular area, would like to improve your skills, become a volunteer, or participate in activities and events, we have something for you!
New opportunities created by City of Port Phillip Community Grants 2015-16
SHIP is proud to announce that we have been successful in receiving a Community Grant from City of Port Phillip for the 2015-2016 financial year to continue our Waterfront Welcomers Project!
Waterfront Welcomers will continue to train local residents to act as ambassadors to Port Melbourne and the City of Port Phillip by welcoming both visitors of cruise ships on Station Pier. They will provide information on local history, heritage, culture, attractions and activities of the surrounding area to encourage visitors to spend more time in Port Melbourne and the City of Port Phillip. The program runs in the warmer months due to a higher number of passengers arriving through Station Pier.
The Port Melbourne Neighbourhood Centre, as a project partner is offering an 8 week training course to Waterfront Welcomer volunteers. If you would like to participate and can commit to the training please see the training schedule and fill out the enrolment form below:
For more information or if you would like to be involved please contact Dani McCaffrey at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 9525 1300.
Want more information?
- Community Directory Support socially inclusive cafes & organisations in our local area, using the ISCH ‘Welcome’ directory
- Check out ISCH on LinkedIn Visit the ISCH LinkedIn page for updates on current vacancies and information about working with us!
- Trauma and Homelessness Initiative ISCH has been involved in some very important work around trauma and homelessness. Read about it here.
- SHIP Social Health & Inclusion Port (SHIP) Residents and organisations working together to create a healthy and inclusive Port Melbourne community.
- Case Management Learn more about how our skilled team of case managers can assist you.
- Housing and Homeless Supporting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness is a focus of our services.
- Group Work View our Group Work page for a group program that might be right for you.