Healthy eating for all
We aim to support people to eat well by:
- Supporting people to have the knowledge, skills and resources to eat a healthy diet
- Bringing the community together to support other to eat well
- Making it easier to access healthy food
In 2015- 2016 we will develop new, and continue working, on the following projects:
- FoodMate: a project aimed at increasing access to affordable healthy food and improving cooking skills
- Queen Victoria Market Bus Trips: weekly bus trips to the Queen Vic Market to improve access to healthy and affordable food
- Port Melbourne No To Sugary Drinks Campaign: work with the community to develop a local campaign to reduce consumption of sugary drinks
- Food Growing: work in partnership with council, community and other stakeholders to establish new food growing spaces in Port Melbourne.
- Healthy Eating at Port Melbourne Primary School: promote healthy eating at the local primary school through a newly established working group and focusing on implementing a traffic-light system for canteen products
- Healthy food policy: support local organisations to adopt and implement healthy food policies
- Healthy Eating on a Budget Toolkit: raise awareness of how to eat healthy without breaking the bank by promoting and distributing this toolkit
How can you get involved?
- Join the SHIP Healthy Eating Working Group to help us develop and deliver our strategies to promote healthy eating. The group meets on the first Monday of every month from 2.30pm – 4pm at the Liardet Community Centre.
- Join our weekly bus trips to Queen Victoria Market. The trips run every Thursday morning (gold coin donation requested).
Healthy Eating on a Budget Toolkit
Download your copy of this toolkit which provides:
- Tips on how to eat healthily on a budget
- Nutritional information
- Quick recipes
- Information on local markets
- Information on local cooking clubs and classes
Take a look at some healthy eating tips provided by the Dietitians at Inner South Community Health:
To be involved in creating a healthier Port Melbourne, contact the SHIP Team on 9525 1300 or email email@example.com
- Community Directory Support socially inclusive cafes & organisations in our local area, using the ISCH ‘Welcome’ directory
- Check out ISCH on LinkedIn Visit the ISCH LinkedIn page for updates on current vacancies and information about working with us!
- Trauma and Homelessness Initiative ISCH has been involved in some very important work around trauma and homelessness. Read about it here.
- SHIP Social Health & Inclusion Port (SHIP) Residents and organisations working together to create a healthy and inclusive Port Melbourne community.
- Case Management Learn more about how our skilled team of case managers can assist you.
- Housing and Homeless Supporting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness is a focus of our services.
- Group Work View our Group Work page for a group program that might be right for you.